Sunday, March 24, 2013

Question of the Week: What's in a Name...

What's that Shakespeare line...."A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet..." (Wikipedia says I am correct, or close enough :-))

So the question of the week is....what are your thoughts on call sings (as in nicknames)?  Certainly they have their place - especially when you are learning your way with a group of other fresh faces, learning by experience, bonding as a team, and forming a community.  I myself might have had the call sign "Double Shot" in my crud playing hey day.  Here's a short video on how "Brutus" got his call sign...



But what about when you rise in responsibility and authority? I find it kind of weird when senior leaders refer to each other by call sign.  Would the CEOs of Fortune 500 companies do the same? Or am I dissing the long legacy of aviation and it's traditions?  Tell me what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment