Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Need Me Some Inspiration


Ugh.  So I am studying to take the Program Management certification exam, and I am at that point where every quiz and run through of the flash cards only reveals that I have so much more to study.  I know I can do it, but there is math-y and tricky questions and real life making it challenging.  And by challenging I mean, "So what are we going to eat for dinner?" and "Who is picking me up from practice tonight?" (#firstworldproblems)

Where to find inspiration to keep at it?  Sports movies.  Seriously, I love them.  LOVE.  I can watch Miracle, Remember the Titans, Bend it Like Beckham and League of Their Own a million times.  Even obscure ones (check out Draft Day) are great inspirations.  

Two new movies I just saw to add to the list are Creed and Eddie the Eagle. (spoiler alert!)  If you grew up in the 80s with Rocky or walked the steps of the Philly Art Museum, you will love Creed.  I really liked that the "good guy" didn't actually win the match, but won on so many other fronts.  The female lead is super compelling, too, beautiful and strong and not just there as a cookie cutter love interest.  

Eddie the Eagle is equally compelling, especially because I remember seeing him at the 1988 Calgary Olympics.  My son was on the edge of his seat watching this movie.  It was a great, although somewhat fictionalized, account of a dreamer that refused to give up, no matter how many people told him no.  

Okay, back to the books.  I might just put in one of my faves while I go through my flash cards again for added inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment