Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Recent Finds and Recommendations

(Can you name the movie?)

I have some podcasts and movies that I've been enjoying lately, and thought you might like too...

The Moth, Stories from Nairobi: Sandra Kimokoti, Rehema Nanfuka & Bina Maseno. Sandra's story, "Beauty in Brawn," about her experiences playing rugby, particularly hit home. 

It's Been a Minute with Sam Sanders. I just started listening to this, and his weekly wrap episodes ends with a compilation of listener calls talking about the best things that have happened all week. It's really wonderful.

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me: Not My Job with Economist Austan Goolsbee. Sounds exciting, huh? Goolsbee explains the impact of tariffs using a funny plumbing story--it makes me laugh every time I think of it. (You can listen to the entire Wait Wait episode here.)

There is a new era of movie watching in our house since our kids are now mini-adults. I am digging it...

Movies to download/stream/etc now: Battle of the Sexes, Girls Trip, I,Tonya, and of course, Coco

Movies I can't wait to see again: Black Panther (obvs) and The Greatest Showman.

Both Coco and The Greatest Showman have great music.

Last but not least, I recommend a series I just started watching on Netflix, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. It's been around for a while and I am really enjoying it. It's fun and is in 10-20 minute segments--great to put on while you are cooking dinner, folding laundry or some other glamorous task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment